Brexit : new legal challenge
2018-03-16 10:44:25 UTC
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However,
they have achieved their crowdfunding target.

https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit

and

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/

Let's take David Davis to Court

We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying
to remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a
possible public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.

We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.

And we need your support to stop this.
Incubus
2018-03-16 11:18:18 UTC
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However, they
have achieved their crowdfunding target.
https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit
and
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/
Let's take David Davis to Court
We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying to
remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a possible
public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.
We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.
And we need your support to stop this.
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
GB
2018-03-16 11:50:01 UTC
Post by Incubus
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
Should we all be stopping everything we have planned, so that we can
lobby on behalf of these people?

I was thinking of having lunch in a couple of hours. Should I put that
on hold?
Incubus
2018-03-16 12:07:58 UTC
Post by Incubus
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
Should we all be stopping everything we have planned, so that we can lobby on
behalf of these people?
I was thinking of having lunch in a couple of hours. Should I put that on
hold?
I wasn't referring to you but rather people who waste their time trying to stop
the result of a democratic referendum.

On second thoughts, I might well be referring to you.
GB
2018-03-16 13:09:26 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
Should we all be stopping everything we have planned, so that we can lobby on
behalf of these people?
I was thinking of having lunch in a couple of hours. Should I put that on
hold?
I wasn't referring to you but rather people who waste their time trying to stop
the result of a democratic referendum.
So, how about you? Are you lobbying on behalf of these people? Or, you
just want other people to do it?
Incubus
2018-03-16 13:16:58 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
Should we all be stopping everything we have planned, so that we can lobby
on behalf of these people?
I was thinking of having lunch in a couple of hours. Should I put that on
hold?
I wasn't referring to you but rather people who waste their time trying to
stop the result of a democratic referendum.
So, how about you? Are you lobbying on behalf of these people? Or, you just
want other people to do it?
Whether I spend every working hour doing so or none at all doesn't detract from
my original point. You might think it does, however.
GB
2018-03-16 13:45:23 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
Should we all be stopping everything we have planned, so that we can lobby
on behalf of these people?
I was thinking of having lunch in a couple of hours. Should I put that on
hold?
I wasn't referring to you but rather people who waste their time trying to
stop the result of a democratic referendum.
So, how about you? Are you lobbying on behalf of these people? Or, you just
want other people to do it?
Whether I spend every working hour doing so or none at all doesn't detract from
my original point. You might think it does, however.
Yes, I do. What it comes down to is that you think those people (the
Remainers) are wasting their time. That's a fair point, and whether I
agree with you or not doesn't detract from it.

However, you weren't content to make your point, but you wanted to grab
the moral high ground by roping in the Telford victims to support you.
That's pretty cheap, actually, particularly as presumably very roughly
half of them are anti-Brexit.
Incubus
2018-03-16 14:28:09 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by GB
Post by Incubus
[...]
My point is that there are far more genuine issues they could be bothered by
but they prefer to try and oppose the will of the people. You can read
anything further into it as you will but there is nothing more to my original
post than that.
GB
2018-03-16 19:24:23 UTC
Post by Incubus
My point is that there are far more genuine issues they could be bothered by
but they prefer to try and oppose the will of the people.
I'm not sure what the will of the people is at the moment. There's no
way of telling without having a new poll.

I absolutely accept that the original poll did not envisage another
poll, and there's therefore no need to have another. But then you can't
logically invoke the will of the people on your side.
Tim Jackson
2018-03-16 20:10:10 UTC
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 19:24:23 +0000, GB wrote...
Post by GB
Post by Incubus
My point is that there are far more genuine issues they could be bothered by
but they prefer to try and oppose the will of the people.
I'm not sure what the will of the people is at the moment. There's no
way of telling without having a new poll.
I absolutely accept that the original poll did not envisage another
poll, and there's therefore no need to have another. But then you can't
logically invoke the will of the people on your side.
I think it was the will of 52% of the people. It was Nigel Farage who
said that a 52/48 result the other way would be "unfinished business" -
presumably despite being the will of the people.
--
Tim Jackson
***@timjackson.invalid
(Change '.invalid' to '.plus.com' to reply direct)
Dan S. MacAbre
2018-03-16 11:55:43 UTC
Post by Incubus
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However, they
have achieved their crowdfunding target.
https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit
and
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/
Let's take David Davis to Court
We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying to
remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a possible
public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.
We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.
And we need your support to stop this.
It's a shame they aren't devoting their energies into sticking up for the
victims of the Telford paedo ring.
I expect there's simply more money to be made out of brexit
crowdfunding, since emotion is running rather high ATM. If there were
more time available, someone might start offering a degree in it.
Crowdfunding for Profit and Pleasure :-)
Incubus
I wonder whether anyone has ever exploited it for fraudulent purposes.
Dan S. MacAbre
I expect it depends upon what safeguards are in place.
Fredxx
2018-03-16 11:35:00 UTC
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However,
they have achieved their crowdfunding target.
https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit
and
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/
Let's take David Davis to Court
We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying
to remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a
possible public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.
We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.
And we need your support to stop this.
Are you suggesting we have already had a 'meaningful' vote in the form
of a referendum and that we should stop this campaign to try to derail
or delay Brexit?
BurfordTJustice

BouffantTHairdo
2018-03-16 14:02:37 UTC
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 08:24:00 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
Without input from bod/poo this is means nothing.
Free speech in the US is long gone.

You never had an empire.

Enjoy that or fucking move out.
Vidcapper
2018-03-16 14:59:53 UTC
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However,
they have achieved their crowdfunding target.
https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit
and
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/
Let's take David Davis to Court
We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying
to remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a
possible public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.
We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.
And we need your support to stop this.
It's a good time to be a constitutional lawyer... :p
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Norman Wells
Yes, and crowdfunding is their legal aid.
Yellow
2018-03-16 15:33:27 UTC
I think we might all agree that this is now taking the piss. However,
they have achieved their crowdfunding target.
https://www.bestforbritain.org/we_re_taking_david_davis_to_court_over_brexit
and
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/brexitchallenge/
Let's take David Davis to Court
We're teaming up with our friends at 'Tech for UK' and 'Our Future, Our
Choice' to take David Davis to court, because the Government is trying
to remove a law that embeds the right to a meaningful vote, and also a
possible public vote, on the terms of the Brexit deal.
We already have the rights to these and they are trying to remove them.
And we need your support to stop this.
I read somewhere there is another mob thinking of going to court because
of some EU legislation that says the people have to be asked before a
country can leave the EU and they argue this means we must legally have
another referendum.

Perhaps they were out on the day we already had one? :-)
GB
2018-03-16 19:32:03 UTC
Perhaps they were out on the day we already had one? :-)
Considering how badly the negotiations are going, I feel very strongly
that what we are heading for is a really poor version of BrINO. I am
certain that virtually nobody wants this. Consequently, there ought to
be a new referendum when the results of the negotiation are known, with
three choices:
a) The BrINO that's been negotiated.
b) A hard Brexit.
c) Stay in the EU.

I suspect that the result would be roughly 50/50 between b and c.