[UK] Council to Give Out 'Pronoun Badges' in Drive to 'Educate Public on Trans Identities'
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-03-13 01:35:42 UTC
Council to Give Out 'Pronoun Badges' in Drive to 'Educate
Public on Trans Identities'

By Virginia Hale
Breitbart, breitbart.com
March 10, 2018

Brighton & Hove City Council will equip staff with badges
declaring their "preferred pronouns" as part of a project
seeking to educate the public that making assumptions
about a person's sex "can be hurtful and distressing".

Council and voluntary sector staff in the city will be
"encouraged" to wear the badges, which include messages
such as "My pronouns are she/her/hers" and "My pronouns
are they/their/theirs" when they are distributed in the
week leading up to 'Trans Day of Visibility' on March 31.

The badges will also be made available at libraries,
colleges, and council buildings as part of a month-long
drive to "raise awareness of Trans and Non-Binary people
and that everyone has their own gender identity",
according to a press release.

Local news reported that 16,000 badges are set to be
printed, as they will also be made available at
libraries, colleges and a range of public buildings
during the month-long campaign.

The badges will come in a range of different designs
reading "My pronoun is", including customisable ones on
which people can write their own descriptor.

"Although most people even among the trans and nonbinary
communities use 'he', 'she', or 'they', some who eschew
traditional gender identities -- who are, for example,
agender, genderqueer, or gender-fluid -- prefer to use
other gender-neutral pronouns such as 'xe', 'ze', or
'sie'," explained Patrick Strudwick, the 'LGBT Editor' of
BuzzFeed UK.

Continues at:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03/10/council-pronoun-trans-identities/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
n***@gmail.com
2018-03-13 10:46:09 UTC
And they say Councils are strapped for cash!