£350m and £156m per week are both wrong
2017-08-08 13:26:47 UTC
According to the BBC, we sent £252 million a week to Brussels in 2016
and they even link to the graphs they use as their source.

Worth a read....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40860657
Optimist
2017-08-09 09:48:15 UTC
According to the BBC, we sent £252 million a week to Brussels in 2016
and they even link to the graphs they use as their source.
Worth a read....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40860657
It depends which year is under discussion, and whether it is the gross or net figure.

Currently http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886 says this

"The UK's contribution to the EU budget
Published Tuesday, August 8, 2017
In 2016/17 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of
£12.2 billion. The UK received £4.1 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net
public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.1 billion"

BUT

The day before the same page had these figures for 2015/16 were £13.6 billion gross, £10.8 billion
net.