Another Brexit disaster?
Add Reply
Ash Burton
2017-12-04 11:29:06 UTC
Oh wait negotiations are progressing well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735

Mrs May looks like proving the Remoaners and naysayers wrong by actually
getting aa del.
pensive hamster
2017-12-04 13:40:19 UTC
Post by Ash Burton
Oh wait negotiations are progressing well.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735
Mrs May looks like proving the Remoaners and naysayers wrong by actually
getting aa del.
From your link:

'The BBC's political editor said Mr Lamberts said the UK
was prepared to accept that Northern Ireland may remain
in the EU's customs union and single market in all but name.
But, she stressed, the BBC has not yet seen the draft
document nor has it yet been signed off. ...

'Is Ireland now the sticking point?

'... "Ireland wants to move on to phase two but it would be
absolutely impossible to allow that when we don't have an
absolutely concrete commitment there won't be a hard border."

'But according to RTE's Europe editor Tony Connelly, a draft
text being circulated suggests the UK is set to agree to a key
Irish demand - that there would be "continued regulatory
alignment" for businesses in the Republic of Ireland and
Northern Ireland after Brexit.

'And Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar, who talked to Mr Tusk
and Mr Juncker on Monday morning, says he will be making a
statement later:

'Although the wording of any proposed deal on the Northern
Ireland border is yet to be confirmed, the Democratic Unionist
Party MP Sammy Wilson, was unhappy with what had been
reported so far.

"We've made it quite clear that we will do nothing that would
separate us from our main market , which is the United
Kingdom - so how could they even deliver on such a promise,"
he said.'
pensive hamster
2017-12-04 15:07:32 UTC
Post by Ash Burton
Oh wait negotiations are progressing well.
[...]

From an updated version of your link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42217735

'... Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon reacted to reports
that Northern Ireland could retain "regulatory alignment" with
the EU by saying there was "surely no good practical reason"
why other parts of the UK could not do the same.

'And Mayor of London Sadiq Khan tweeted that there could
be "huge ramifications" for the capital if the country was given
this deal, suggesting he would seek something similar.

"Huge ramifications for London if Theresa May has conceded
that it's possible for part of the UK to remain within the single
market & customs union after Brexit. Londoners overwhelmingly
voted to remain in the EU and a similar deal here could protect
tens of thousands of jobs." ~ Sadiq Khan 2:17 PM - Dec 4, 2017
Let It Be
2017-12-05 00:15:00 UTC
Post by Ash Burton
Oh wait negotiations are progressing well.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735
Mrs May looks like proving the Remoaners and naysayers wrong by
actually getting aa del.
And brexit idots will fly!

BTW, what does "getting aa del." mean? Ah! I think its code for brexit
idiots "fake news".

Have a nice day
pamela
2017-12-05 09:20:19 UTC
Post by Ash Burton
Oh wait negotiations are progressing well.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735
Mrs May looks like proving the Remoaners and naysayers wrong by
actually getting aa del.
You spoke too soon and, by the end of the day, the outcome was the
opposite of what you say.

Brexiters like you are ever hopeful they will get the moon but it's
not thought through and, in the end, they are brought face to face
reality. Sorry about that.
Ian Jackson
2017-12-05 11:59:10 UTC
http://bit.ly/2kphGcp