Oh... For... Fuck's... Sake....
2018-07-11 12:18:11 UTC
There is a Tory MP (Robert Buckland MP and the caption says he is the
Solicitor General) on the telly at the moment saying the idea of the
"Chequers Agreement" is to get the EU to go in to an "equal
partnership" with the UK where we have equal power to change "the common
rule book".

It will be "a new basis in law as the result of a bi-lateral treaty....
and it will be jointly controlled"

I do wish this stuff would get broadcast on the main news instead of it
being tucked away on The Daily Politics with its audience of a million
or two if that.
Jethro_uk
2018-07-11 13:01:32 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:18:11 +0100, Yellow wrote:

> There is a Tory MP (Robert Buckland MP and the caption says he is the
> Solicitor General) on the telly at the moment saying the idea of the
> "Chequers Agreement" is to get the EU to go in to an "equal partnership"
> with the UK where we have equal power to change "the common rule book".
>
> It will be "a new basis in law as the result of a bi-lateral treaty....
> and it will be jointly controlled"
>
> I do wish this stuff would get broadcast on the main news instead of it
> being tucked away on The Daily Politics with its audience of a million
> or two if that.

Times like this that you realise all professions can spout bollocks.
Hardly engenders faith in them.

But then you have doctors practising homoeopathy ...
R. Mark Clayton
2018-07-11 13:59:17 UTC
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 13:18:12 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> There is a Tory MP (Robert Buckland MP and the caption says he is the
> Solicitor General) on the telly at the moment saying the idea of the
> "Chequers Agreement" is to get the EU to go in to an "equal
> partnership" with the UK where we have equal power to change "the common
> rule book".
>
> It will be "a new basis in law as the result of a bi-lateral treaty....
> and it will be jointly controlled"

yes that is how bi-lateral treaties are controlled.