Special Relationship a Joke
Phi
2017-10-11 07:08:39 UTC
The 'special relationship' between Britain and the United States was treated
as a joke by Barack Obama and his team, according to an insider.

Former presidential adviser Jeremy Shapiro claimed the friendship between
the two countries was "unrequited" - and was mocked when the cameras were
turned off.

Mr Shapiro, who was an adviser in the U.S. state department under Mr Obama,
claim he made digs in public by inserting references to 'the Malvinas' - the
Argentinian name for the Falklands - into press conferences.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-officials-mocked-britain-secret-treated-idea-special-relationship-joke-074940879.html

They rip us off when ever they get the opportunity and we don't realise it..
Pelican
2017-10-11 07:15:37 UTC
Post by Phi
The 'special relationship' between Britain and the United States was
treated as a joke by Barack Obama and his team, according to an insider.
Former presidential adviser Jeremy Shapiro claimed the friendship
between the two countries was "unrequited" - and was mocked when the
cameras were turned off.
Mr Shapiro, who was an adviser in the U.S. state department under Mr
Obama, claim he made digs in public by inserting references to 'the
Malvinas' - the Argentinian name for the Falklands - into press
conferences.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-officials-mocked-britain-secret-treated-idea-special-relationship-joke-074940879.html
They rip us off when ever they get the opportunity and we don't realise it..
Quite a few countries have the idea that they have a "special
relationship" with the US. That's a standard PR approach.
The Todal
2017-10-11 11:29:45 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by Phi
The 'special relationship' between Britain and the United States was
treated as a joke by Barack Obama and his team, according to an insider.
Former presidential adviser Jeremy Shapiro claimed the friendship
between the two countries was "unrequited" - and was mocked when the
cameras were turned off.
Mr Shapiro, who was an adviser in the U.S. state department under Mr
Obama, claim he made digs in public by inserting references to 'the
Malvinas' - the Argentinian name for the Falklands - into press
conferences.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-officials-mocked-britain-secret-treated-idea-special-relationship-joke-074940879.html
They rip us off when ever they get the opportunity and we don't realise it..
Quite a few countries have the idea that they have a "special
relationship" with the US.  That's a standard PR approach.
Don't be daft. Britain definitely has a special relationship with the
USA. We are America's unsinkable aircraft-carrier, expendable in the
event of nuclear war.

No other European nation would prostitute itself to America in the same
way. In exchange, they lease us their Cruise missiles so that we can
provide a nuclear deterrent on the cheap.
Altroy1
2017-10-11 19:42:09 UTC
Post by Phi
The 'special relationship' between Britain and the United States was
treated as a joke by Barack Obama and his team, according to an insider.
Former presidential adviser Jeremy Shapiro claimed the friendship
between the two countries was "unrequited" - and was mocked when the
cameras were turned off.
Mr Shapiro, who was an adviser in the U.S. state department under Mr
Obama, claim he made digs in public by inserting references to 'the
Malvinas' - the Argentinian name for the Falklands - into press
conferences.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-officials-mocked-britain-secret-treated-idea-special-relationship-joke-074940879.html
They rip us off when ever they get the opportunity and we don't realise it..
"America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests"

- Henry Kissinger