Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
2017-08-06 10:08:51 UTC
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.

Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
ralph
2017-08-06 12:47:15 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Real men eat meat so not sure this vegan-cafe policy matters much but...

What about transgender folks? Do the lesbian-vegans do a crotch
inspection? And what if a woman identifies as a man, does s/he have to
disclose his/her sexual preference?
Col
2017-08-07 06:17:10 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue but simply
discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it. Two wrongs
don't make a right!
The best way to deal with this would be to simply refuse to pay the
extra 18% and let them call the police. It would be interesting to see
them explaining their 'pricing policy'.

Oh, and is proritising seating for women legal?
I think going in there as a bloke would make for something of an
uncomfortable experience.
Col
Svenne
2017-08-07 06:54:49 UTC
I went through a long and painful process of losing 15 kilos a while back and while I was doing it I ate lunch every weekday at a nearby salad cafe. 90% of the customers were women and the 10% men were limp wristed lefty greenie wimps. They fit in quite well, they probably had more female hormones than most of the women there, but I never felt discriminated against despite my 105 kilos of rippling masculinity.
GB
Is that what fat does? Ripple?
Svenne
Mine didn't only ripple, it wobbled as well, especially when I ran. I was a sight to behold playing vollyball on the beach. Now I'm lean and mean, the dream of ladies and the envy of men. It took a long time to do it, though and it isn't fun eating like a rabbit in a limp wristed salad cafe.
Ophelia
2017-08-07 13:39:46 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Svenne
Post by Col
[...]

==

LOL you deserve a bravery award:))
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
tim...
2017-08-07 10:14:11 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Col
I think going in there as a bloke would make for something of an
uncomfortable experience.
Col
I went through a long and painful process of losing 15 kilos a while back
and while I was doing it I ate lunch every weekday at a nearby salad cafe.
if all you wanted was a bowl of salad, surely buying it from the supermarket
is easier
Svenne
2017-08-07 11:43:01 UTC
The local supermarket has an excellent salad buffet where you can put together a very good salad of your own choice and I've done that a few times. The advantage of the salad cafe was there was no carrying home and washing dishes afterwards. The salad cafe also included soup with the salad, which was pretty good. It took a year to go down from 105 kilo to 90 kilo but I didn't stop going to the salad cafe, I got used to it and pop in now and again for soup and salad.
tim...
2017-08-07 11:59:57 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by tim...
if all you wanted was a bowl of salad, surely buying it from the supermarket
is easier
The local supermarket has an excellent salad buffet where you can put
together a very good salad of your own choice and I've done that a few
times. The advantage of the salad cafe was there was no carrying home and
washing dishes afterwards.
there's no washing dishes from the supermarket either

(and I assumed it was lunch, so it would be taken back to work to eat, not
to home to eat)

tim
Svenne
2017-08-07 12:23:13 UTC
"Svenne" wrote in message
Post by Svenne
Post by tim...
if all you wanted was a bowl of salad, surely buying it from the supermarket
is easier
The local supermarket has an excellent salad buffet where you can put
together a very good salad of your own choice and I've done that a few
times. The advantage of the salad cafe was there was no carrying home and
washing dishes afterwards.
there's no washing dishes from the supermarket either
I never eat out of the container, I always use porcelain and cutlery.
I don't work any more, I'm a pensioner.
tim...
oh well then you just have a fridge full of bags of fresh stuff :-)
BurfordTJustice
2017-08-07 14:24:53 UTC
Then it is NOT fresh.
Ophelia
2017-08-07 14:44:12 UTC
Post by Svenne
"Svenne" wrote in message
Post by Svenne
Post by tim...
if all you wanted was a bowl of salad, surely buying it from the supermarket
is easier
The local supermarket has an excellent salad buffet where you can put
together a very good salad of your own choice and I've done that a few
times. The advantage of the salad cafe was there was no carrying home and
washing dishes afterwards.
there's no washing dishes from the supermarket either
I never eat out of the container, I always use porcelain and cutlery.
(and I assumed it was lunch, so it would be taken back to work to eat, not
to home to eat)
I don't work any more, I'm a pensioner.
oh well then you just have a fridge full of bags of fresh stuff :-)

==

Why? He seems happy enough with the salad cafe :))
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
harry
2017-08-09 08:05:08 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by tim...
if all you wanted was a bowl of salad, surely buying it from the supermarket
is easier
The local supermarket has an excellent salad buffet where you can put together a very good salad of your own choice and I've done that a few times. The advantage of the salad cafe was there was no carrying home and washing dishes afterwards. The salad cafe also included soup with the salad, which was pretty good. It took a year to go down from 105 kilo to 90 kilo but I didn't stop going to the salad cafe, I got used to it and pop in now and again for soup and salad.
Have your wrists gone limp?

BurfordTJustice
Col
Basil Jet
2017-08-07 17:20:14 UTC
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Post by Col
but simply
discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it. Two wrongs
don't make a right!
What is the first wrong that they are highlighting?
(Hint... Google a little before repeating what feminists say)
Col
2017-08-08 04:47:44 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't an
important issue?
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
but simply discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right!
What is the first wrong that they are highlighting?
See above.
Col
Basil Jet

tim...
2017-08-08 07:54:02 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't an
important issue?
no

but that's not where the 18% figure has come from
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
but simply discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right!
What is the first wrong that they are highlighting?
See above.
where does that 18% come from?

(that's an exercise for you - I know the answer)

And when you find out

why is it wrong?

tim
Col
2017-08-08 08:43:35 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't
an important issue?
no
but that's not where the 18% figure has come from
OK, my mistake.
But that still doesn't justify charging men more for an inferior service.
Col
tim...
2017-08-08 09:30:42 UTC
Post by Col
Post by tim...
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't
an important issue?
no
but that's not where the 18% figure has come from
OK, my mistake.
But that still doesn't justify charging men more for an inferior service.
well no

but I thought we had moved on to discussing the principles of
"discrimination"

tim
Incubus
2017-08-08 10:43:26 UTC
Post by Col
Post by tim...
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't
an important issue?
no
but that's not where the 18% figure has come from
OK, my mistake.
But that still doesn't justify charging men more for an inferior service.
On the other hand, men get far more value from the Criminal Justice
System. Not only are we more likely to get free board and lodging at
HMP Hilton in exchange for the same offence, we get free board and
lodging for far longer than women.
Ophelia
2017-08-08 10:54:04 UTC
Post by Col
Post by tim...
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue
They are?
Are you saying that paying women less than men for the same job isn't
an important issue?
no
but that's not where the 18% figure has come from
OK, my mistake.
But that still doesn't justify charging men more for an inferior service.
On the other hand, men get far more value from the Criminal Justice
System. Not only are we more likely to get free board and lodging at
HMP Hilton in exchange for the same offence, we get free board and
lodging for far longer than women.

===

Discrimination!!!!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Taxed and Spent
2017-08-08 12:41:22 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
but simply discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right!
What is the first wrong that they are highlighting?
See above.
I am going to start highlighting the important issue of racial
discrimination by keeping blacks out.
Ophelia
2017-08-08 15:14:41 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
but simply discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right!
What is the first wrong that they are highlighting?
See above.
I am going to start highlighting the important issue of racial
discrimination by keeping blacks out.

==

Good luck with that one!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Incubus
2017-08-08 10:05:19 UTC
Post by Col
Post by BurfordTJustice
Place your wager for how long for theychange policy or close doors.
Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent 'man tax'
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/
Outrageous. I accept they are highlighting an important issue but simply
discriminating against men isn't the way to go about it. Two wrongs
don't make a right!
The best way to deal with this would be to simply refuse to pay the
extra 18% and let them call the police. It would be interesting to see
them explaining their 'pricing policy'.
Oh, and is proritising seating for women legal?
I think going in there as a bloke would make for something of an
uncomfortable experience.
What if a man went there but claimed to identify as a woman or an 'it'?