*OT* Britain's wealth breaks £10tn barrier thanks to booming City and rising house prices
Bod
2017-08-09 07:50:28 UTC
Increasing house prices and booming business in the City have driven
Britain's total wealth past the £10tn (€11tn, $13tn) threshold, a new
report has revealed. According to Lloyds Bank's private banking
division, the financial and property markets were responsible for
approximately 50% of the total £892bn increase in household wealth
recorded in Britain last year. Meanwhile, the total value of assets in
the UK jumped 9% year-on-year to £10.5tn, which is likely to put the
country's rising inequality back in the spotlight. ...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/m/49d41749-8a19-3080-be7e-96f1abffceb0/britain%27s-wealth-breaks.html
Nick
2017-08-09 09:01:57 UTC
Post by Bod
Increasing house prices and booming business in the City have driven
Britain's total wealth past the £10tn (€11tn, $13tn) threshold, a new
report has revealed. According to Lloyds Bank's private banking
division, the financial and property markets were responsible for
approximately 50% of the total £892bn increase in household wealth
recorded in Britain last year. Meanwhile, the total value of assets in
the UK jumped 9% year-on-year to £10.5tn, which is likely to put the
country's rising inequality back in the spotlight. ...
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/m/49d41749-8a19-3080-be7e-96f1abffceb0/britain%27s-wealth-breaks.html
Was that 9% rise including the 20% depreciation of the £.

i.e. did our assets drop by 10% in EUR terms over the same period?
The Peeler
2017-08-09 10:02:24 UTC
Post by Bod
Increasing house prices and booming business in the City
The rich are getting richer? What kind of fool would be proud of THAT kind
of achievement? Oh, yeah, a poor Brexiter of course! LOL
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-08-09 13:59:35 UTC
Post by Bod
Increasing house prices and booming business in the City have driven
Britain's total wealth past the =A310tn (=A411tn, $13tn) threshold, a =
new
Post by Bod
report has revealed. According to Lloyds Bank's private banking
division, the financial and property markets were responsible for
approximately 50% of the total =A3892bn increase in household wealth
recorded in Britain last year. Meanwhile, the total value of assets in=
the UK jumped 9% year-on-year to =A310.5tn, which is likely to put the=
country's rising inequality back in the spotlight. ...
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/m/49d41749-8a19-3080-be7e-96f1abffceb0/brita=
in%27s-wealth-breaks.html

Like America we have a DEBT, not wealth. Where are you getting your cra=
zy information from? The government is in debt, and most households hav=
e a huge mortgage.

-- =

The probability that a given thread has degenerated into a pissing conte=
st is directly proportional to its number of replies.
Vidcapper
2017-08-09 14:24:15 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Bod
Increasing house prices and booming business in the City have driven
Britain's total wealth past the £10tn (€11tn, $13tn) threshold, a new
report has revealed. According to Lloyds Bank's private banking
division, the financial and property markets were responsible for
approximately 50% of the total £892bn increase in household wealth
recorded in Britain last year. Meanwhile, the total value of assets in
the UK jumped 9% year-on-year to £10.5tn, which is likely to put the
country's rising inequality back in the spotlight. ...
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/m/49d41749-8a19-3080-be7e-96f1abffceb0/britain%27s-wealth-breaks.html
Like America we have a DEBT, not wealth. Where are you getting your
crazy information from? The government is in debt, and most households
have a huge mortgage.
We often hear about 'national debts' - but to whom is debt actually owed?

Since the debt/credit of the whole planet *must* balance to zero, there
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-08-09 14:28:54 UTC
[...]
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.

-- =

Join the Navy and feel a man!
Vidcapper
2017-08-09 15:38:50 UTC
Post by Bod
[...]
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-08-09 15:41:47 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
I've heard it somewhere, and it makes sense. They have a huge manufactu=
ring business. Half what we buy is made there.

-- =

The longest palindromic word is saippuakivikauppias - a Finnish word mea=
ning a travelling salesman who sells caustic soda to the soap industry.
The Peeler
2017-08-09 17:41:25 UTC
On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 16:41:47 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Vidcapper
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
I've heard it somewhere, and it makes sense.
Where? In the mental hospitals where you had to stay occasionally,
Birdbrain?
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
MID: <***@red.lan>
pensive hamster
2017-08-09 20:41:38 UTC
[...]
Post by Vidcapper
We often hear about 'national debts' - but to whom is debt actually owed?
Since the debt/credit of the whole planet *must* balance to zero, there
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
I've heard it somewhere, and it makes sense. They have a huge manufacturing business. Half what we buy is made there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sovereign_wealth_funds

1 China 1,554.8 Bn USD Non-commodity
2 United Arab Emirates 1,298.7 Bn USD Oil
3 Norway GPF 922.11 Bn USD Oil
4 Saudi Arabia 697 Bn USD Oil
5 Singapore 530 Bn USD Non-commodity
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-08-09 20:47:29 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Vidcapper
We often hear about 'national debts' - but to whom is debt actually owed?
Since the debt/credit of the whole planet *must* balance to zero, there
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
I've heard it somewhere, and it makes sense. They have a huge manufacturing business. Half what we buy is made there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sovereign_wealth_funds
1 China 1,554.8 Bn USD Non-commodity
2 United Arab Emirates 1,298.7 Bn USD Oil
3 Norway GPF 922.11 Bn USD Oil
4 Saudi Arabia 697 Bn USD Oil
5 Singapore 530 Bn USD Non-commodity
Excellent news, I'd rather have Chinese in control than Arabs.
Illegal is a big sick bird.
The Peeler
2017-08-09 21:56:54 UTC
On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 21:47:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by pensive hamster
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sovereign_wealth_funds
1 China 1,554.8 Bn USD Non-commodity
2 United Arab Emirates 1,298.7 Bn USD Oil
3 Norway GPF 922.11 Bn USD Oil
4 Saudi Arabia 697 Bn USD Oil
5 Singapore 530 Bn USD Non-commodity
Excellent news, I'd rather have Chinese in control than Arabs.
Birdbrain doesn't understand the list, the poor idiot! LOL
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I can sleep outside in a temperature of -20C wearing only shorts".
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
Vidcapper
2017-08-10 06:21:00 UTC
Post by Bod
[...]
But paying for purchased goods involves only short-term credit, as
manufacturers tend to insist on payment in good time...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-08-10 15:41:45 UTC
uk>
Post by Vidcapper
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
UAE I could understand, given the oil factor, but why China?
I've heard it somewhere, and it makes sense. They have a huge
manufacturing business. Half what we buy is made there.
But paying for purchased goods involves only short-term credit, as
manufacturers tend to insist on payment in good time...
What? I was saying why China was rich. Because they export more than t=
hey import.

-- =

Peter is in the top three most intelligent people -- Ron Tompkins, circa=
2013.
The Peeler
2017-08-10 16:57:10 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:41:45 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Vidcapper
But paying for purchased goods involves only short-term credit, as
manufacturers tend to insist on payment in good time...
What? I was saying why China was rich. Because they export more than they import.
Birdbrain just NEVER understands with his birdbrain! LOL
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
The Peeler
2017-08-09 17:11:15 UTC
On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 15:28:54 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Vidcapper
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Like America we have a DEBT, not wealth. Where are you getting your
crazy information from? The government is in debt, and most households
have a huge mortgage.
We often hear about 'national debts' - but to whom is debt actually owed?
Since the debt/credit of the whole planet *must* balance to zero, there
must be some pretty big creditors out there...
China and United Arab Emirates I believe.
Idiot! <BG>
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"The alleged timing is, fall into ice water and die of cold in 15 minutes.
Do what I do, go swimming in winter in a partially frozen lake, and do so
for a lot more than 15 minutes. Jesus Christ your teeth don't even start
chattering until about 30 minutes."
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-08-09 17:11:08 UTC
On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 14:59:35 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Like America we have a DEBT, not wealth. Where are you getting your
crazy information from? The government is in debt, and most households
have a huge mortgage.
That's because the goverments have to keep forking out money for workshy and
unemployable handicapped idiots like you, Birdbrain!
--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare whore: