How to challenge an FTT Direction?
Jed Clampett
2018-02-10 18:52:01 UTC
I can't find a form or any guidance online on how to challenge an FTT
Direction Notice.

There nothing helpful in 'The First-Tier Tribunal Procedure (Social
Entitlement Chamber) Rules 2008 S.I. 2008 No. 268 5 (L. 13)'
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/488476/consolidated-sec-rules.pdf

On the notice it says, "A party is entitled to challenge any direction
by applying for another direction which amends, suspends or sets aside
the first direction."

Will a letter that just states the obvious achieve the desired result
or have I missed something?
JNugent
2018-02-10 23:55:15 UTC
Post by Jed Clampett
I can't find a form or any guidance online on how to challenge an FTT
Direction Notice.
There nothing helpful in 'The First-Tier Tribunal Procedure (Social
Entitlement Chamber) Rules 2008 S.I. 2008 No. 268 5 (L. 13)'
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/488476/consolidated-sec-rules.pdf
On the notice it says, "A party is entitled to challenge any direction
by applying for another direction which amends, suspends or sets aside
the first direction."
Will a letter that just states the obvious achieve the desired result
or have I missed something?
A letter stating and defining your objection to the directions (or any
of them) will suffice. Alternatively or additionally, you may have a
suggestion as to an amendment of the wording. Just sign it and send it in.
Jed Clampett