Divine Inspiration
Omega
2017-04-19 10:57:35 UTC
I recommend all group members walk the hills and mountains of North
Wales. You will be delighted with the scenery, there are so many
beautiful areas to explore and who knows, you may well receive the same
inspiration our lovely leader experienced over the holiday.

Hell, I live here, I would even volunteer to show you a world class site
a few miles from Llangollen, the Eglwyseg Hills. Bring a butty and a
hanky to wipe away your tears of joy, in this blessed place.

What time is the vote this afternoon?

omega
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-04-19 11:02:59 UTC
Post by Omega
I recommend all group members walk the hills and mountains of North
Wales. You will be delighted with the scenery, there are so many
beautiful areas to explore and who knows, you may well receive the same
inspiration our lovely leader experienced over the holiday.
Hell, I live here, I would even volunteer to show you a world class site
a few miles from Llangollen, the Eglwyseg Hills. Bring a butty and a
hanky to wipe away your tears of joy, in this blessed place.
What time is the vote this afternoon?
omega
It's been about ten years since I last walked up Snowdon. I think I'd
best do it again soon while I can still manage it.
Omega
2017-04-19 11:18:14 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Omega
I recommend all group members walk the hills and mountains of North
Wales. You will be delighted with the scenery, there are so many
beautiful areas to explore and who knows, you may well receive the same
inspiration our lovely leader experienced over the holiday.
Hell, I live here, I would even volunteer to show you a world class site
a few miles from Llangollen, the Eglwyseg Hills. Bring a butty and a
hanky to wipe away your tears of joy, in this blessed place.
What time is the vote this afternoon?
omega
It's been about ten years since I last walked up Snowdon. I think I'd
best do it again soon while I can still manage it.
Getting that way for me these days but have enjoyed, either the Miners
Track or the Pyg Track for many years now. I have been struck, on these
excursions, just how much camaraderie there is between fellow walkers.
Wouldn't it have been good fun to bump into The Mays, weekend.

I'll be making the effort later this year, perhaps vote June 8th then
pop over to Snowdon, feel the Karma.

omega
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-04-19 11:46:09 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Omega
I recommend all group members walk the hills and mountains of North
Wales. You will be delighted with the scenery, there are so many
beautiful areas to explore and who knows, you may well receive the same
inspiration our lovely leader experienced over the holiday.
Hell, I live here, I would even volunteer to show you a world class site
a few miles from Llangollen, the Eglwyseg Hills. Bring a butty and a
hanky to wipe away your tears of joy, in this blessed place.
What time is the vote this afternoon?
omega
It's been about ten years since I last walked up Snowdon. I think I'd
best do it again soon while I can still manage it.
Getting that way for me these days but have enjoyed, either the Miners
Track or the Pyg Track for many years now. I have been struck, on these
I've mostly been up the Watkin path, but I always find the last part a
bit scrabbly and worrisome. One time, we went up what I think is called
the Ranger path. We came to a bit called the saddle, I think, and since
it was very misty and windy, we just had to turn around. Couldn't see
either side, or very far forward, and didn't really have any idea where
the edge was.

But whichever way you go, it's quite stunning.
omega
Basil Jet
2017-04-19 12:10:50 UTC
I wouldn't even walk down it! There's a train!
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-04-19 12:12:04 UTC
I know. It'll be the train for me soon enough :-)
7
Nice place. I have a retired friend there with an acre or two.
pullgees
I shell be going up Snowden this Summer, will do the Watkins path this time. There are plenty of interesting things to do up there and I might have a ride on the Ffestiniog railway. Then there is the "The Prisoner" village, uncannily prophetic where conformity is everything and individualism is crushed. They even did a episode using social ostracism as a control mechanism. The sort of Shangri-la remainers dream of.
Mr Pounder Esquire
2017-04-19 17:06:35 UTC
Post by pullgees
Post by Omega
[...]
I've been to "The Prisoner" village. If you were a fan of the TV series it's
well worth visiting.
I got me a £7! T shirt with the bicycle on it and two Number 6 badges.
The shirt got covered with paint, but I still have the badges.
Custos Custodum
2017-04-19 22:17:42 UTC
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:06:35 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
Post by Mr Pounder Esquire
Post by pullgees
Post by Omega
[...]
When I visited about 25 years ago, the whole place looked like it was
needing a coat of paint. Decidedly shabby. I hope things have
improved. It's not as if they aren't raking in a fortune from the
tourists.

Omega
2017-04-19 17:24:59 UTC
Post by pullgees
Post by Omega
[...]
For those who don't know, "The Prisoner" village is Portmeirion, a very
beautiful place, do look it up online.

omega